THE TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT
The Transport Department is located next to the Estate Department and is opposite Industrial Energy Engineering Department.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Transport Department provides efficient transport services to the university. It is also responsible for the maintenance of University Vehicles , the department is headed by the Transport Officer and consist of the vehicle booking section and the workshop section.
Be Exemplary among Kenyan Universities in providing transport services.
To provide efficient transport and vehicle maintenance services in
support of university activities.
To plan and schedule university transport provision for academic, research
and official activities. Organize, plan and carry out effective maintenance of
university vehicles to enhance availability and reliability.
- Transport for students on academic trips
- Transport research for field work
- Transport for official trips
- Transport to students for extra-curricular functions
- Transport to attend funerals for students and staff
- Preventive and corrective maintenance of vehicles
- Liaise with procurement on acquisition of new vehicles and disposal
of unserviceable ones.