Scholarships for Academic Excellence
An Endowment Fund Scholarships for Undergraduate students at Egerton University has been established. This is part of the initiatives by the Egerton University Endowment Fund setup in the year 2007 to provide scholarship to bright but needy students in the continuing years.
According to a communique from the office of the Vice- Chancellor, applications are invited from qualified candidates for scholarships (Tuition and Accommodation).
Eligibility for awards includes:
- Must be joint admission board (JAB) students, self sponsored students are not eligible.
- Must be continuing student in 2nd year and above.
- Have exemplary academic performance with a minimum and sustained Cumulative Weighted Average of 70.00 (First Class Honors)
- Proof of need as evidenced by needs assessment report from the dean of students
Interested students should send their applications to the Director, Board of Undergraduate Studies and Attachment Programmes enclosing the following:
- Certified copies of the previous year (s)provisional transcripts.
- Certificate of good conduct from the University Chief Security Officer.
- Needs Assessment Report from the Dean of Student.
- Recommendation letter from the Chairman of Department and Dean of the Faculty.
- Copy of Student Identification Card
- 2-page resume indicating affiliation to clubs and any other qualification as evidenced by certificates /testimonials.
The process of vetting promises to be above board with applicants going under rigorous selection that will include oral interviews.