Directorate of Marketing and Resource Mobilization
The Directorate of Marketing and Resource Mobilization (DMRM), formerly known as Directorate of Institutional Advancement (DIA) was created in 2009, is mandated to be a prime agent in organizing support for University activities from Donors, Philanthropic Foundations, Friends, Corporations, Government Policy Makers, Alumni, Media and Council Members.
The functions of the Directorate are:
- To develop strategies, including prospects for the mobilization of financial resources for the advancement of the University.
- To develop strategies for publicity and branding of the University.
- To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing interventions.
- To advocate on behalf of and enhancing the marketing of the University locally and internationally.
- To provide guidelines on the maximization of income and cost-cutting interventions of the University, among others.
- Increase the University revenue generated from the University Giftshop and University Bookshop by 15% annually.
- Increase Egerton University Alumni (EUA) membership by 15% annually.
- Enhance internal and external communication by producing University newsletter (Newslink) twice per year.
- Market and publicize the University at least twice every year through print and electronic media.