October 2020 to date: Appointed Coordinator, Alumni Relations Office for a three-year term.
May 2017 to date: Coordinator (Communication, Media and Information Science programmes) Responsibilities:
- Convening and chairing meetings of teaching and non-teaching staff in the programmes
- Supervising operations and staff at the Egerton Radio
- Overseeing course allocation, teaching, continuous assessment and processing of examinations in the programmes
- Spearheading orientation of new students, course advisory and mentorship for the programmes
- Coordinating curriculum review and programme evaluation as schedule.
2017: Consultant for Kabianga University during the development of their Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Public Relations programme.
September 2014 to date
Lecturer, Department of Literature, Languages and Linguistics. Responsibilities include:
- Teaching and evaluating Communication, Media and Information Science courses
- Editing University publications like the bi-annual graduation magazine, policy documents and the university scientific research journal.
KENYA METHODIST UNIVERSITY
August 2010 to August 2014
University Editor with the following responsibilities:
- Training lecturers on writing distance and e-learning modules
- Coordinating the writing, editing and lay-out of distance and e-learning modules
- Editing the university academic journal (International Journal for Professional Practice).
EAST AFRICAN EDUCATIONAL PUBLISHERS LTD
September 2007 to July 2010
Assistant Editor where responsibilities included:
- Sourcing for, evaluating manuscripts and writing assessment reports
- Commissioning authors, illustrators and consultants
- Editing new titles and revising backlist titles for publishing and digitization.