Procurement department is one of the service departments under the Division of Administration and Finance charged with the function of procuring goods, works and services for the University. The department is comprised of 5 sections;
- Verification and Stock control
- Central stores
To be the best procuring entity in the Public Sector.
ABOUT PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT
To ensure timely and quality goods, works and services at competitive prices while adhering to Public Procurement and Disposal Act (2005) and Regulation (2006)
The department offers the following services to the University:
- Acquisition of goods and services through government approved methods such as tendering, request for proposals, and request of quotations, restricted tendering among others.
- Verification, receivingÂ and issuing of goods
- Safe storage of goods
- Disposal of obsolete, unserviceable and surplus stores and equipment
- Advising the University Management and user departments on matters pertaining to procurement.
- Maintain and archive documents and records of the procurement and disposal activities for the required period.
- Implement decisions of the procurement, tender and disposal committees, including coordinating all activities in these committees.
- Act as secretariat to the tender, Procurement, Disposal, Evaluation and Inspection and Acceptance committees.
- Prepare consolidated Procurement and Disposal Plans.
- Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contracts.
- Carry out any other functions or duties as may be provided under the Public Procurement Act 2005 and regulation 2006 and any other function that might be stipulated by the Public procurement Oversight Authority.