Exciting Business Leadership Opportunity
A leading Public University seeks to recruit a qualified and competent individual to fill the position of Managing Director for its Egerton University Investment Company (EUICO) with varying interest in the areas of Agriculture, Hospitality and General trading.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction in the overall management and growth of the Company.
Specifically, the Managing Director shall be responsible for the management and supervision of the company’s business activities and day to day administration in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures, strategic plan and guidelines laid down by the Board of Directors.
Requirements for appointment:
For appointment to this position, the ideal candidate should have the following:
- At least 10 years’ experience in Agriculture, Hospitality and General Trading, five (5) of which should have been in a Senior Management role.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agri-Business Management or related fields.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Should be competent in computer skills.
- Be a member of a professional body and in good standing.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Setting up of functions and systems to oversee business operations and grow the business.
- Development of policies and procedures to guide the operations of business units and oversee their management and monitoring.
- Building the Company’s image by establishing harmonious relationships and collaboration with the various stakeholders
- Development and nurturing of business relationships and networks that can be leveraged to achieve business goals.
- Provision of quality products and services
- Managing the Human Resource of the business units
- Ability to take initiative and work under minimal supervision
- Self-drive and a high level of creativity and innovation
- Exceptional planning and organization skills
- Team player with good people management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Terms of Service:
The Managing Director will be engaged for a period of five (05) years contract renewable subject to performance with an initial six (06) months’ probation.
This is a performance based contract. The appointee to this position will be expected to earn bonuses based on pre agreed deliverables. However the appointee will also enjoy a monthly retainer amounting to Kshs. 150,000/=
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to apply to:
The Chairperson, Board of Directors,
Egerton University Investment Company
P.O Box536 – 20115
The applications should be submitted by close of business on 2nd December, 2022.
- The Enterprise Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to present the following documents in compliance with Chapter six (06) of the constitution:
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Clearance Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.