CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR GRADE 15 (1 POST) – EU/VC/2022-0501
OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
The Internal Audit Manager reports to the Vice-Chancellor and will head the Department of Internal Audit. The suitable candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience: -
- Must have a Masters Degree in relevant field and Certified Internal Auditor and Certified
Public Accountant final and CISA (Certified Information Systems Audit) Final or its equivalent.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Accounting option) or any other related field.
- Must be conversant with the internal and international standards on Auditing.
- Must be conversant with relevant computer packages such as SAGE ACCPAC.
- Must have at least ten (10) years’ experience in Audit work at senior level in Government, Parastatal or equivalent organization.
- Must be a member of relevant professional bodies and in good standing.
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
The successful candidate will perform the following audit duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake audit duties in the University.
- Prepare workable audit programs and audit policies.
- Supervise, direct and provide team leadership to internal auditors.
- Prepare periodic audit reports for the University Management and University Council.
Terms and condition of service will as a provided for in the approved terms and condition of service for the position. The contract for this positon is a three (3) year term renewable on the basis of satisfactory performance.
Chief Internal Auditor Grade 15 - Kshs.209,694/= - Kshs.283,087/=
Application letter together with two (2) copies of each giving full details of age, marital status, academic certificates, transcripts, certified copies of the current payslip, curriculum vitae and professional qualification, experience, current post, salary, and other financial benefits and a copy of a valid certificate of Good Conduct. Names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom should be your present or previous employer quoting the reference number on the envelope should be addressed to:-
The Deputy Vice Chancellor
(Administration Planning & Development)
P. O. Box 536 – 20115
So as to reach him not later than 8th June, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants are required to request their referees to write to us directly using the above address. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Egerton University is an equal opportunity employer.