The Library has an elaborate administrative structure that is fully integrated with the University’s organizational structure. The University
Librarian reports to the DVC (Academic Affairs) and is a member of the University Management Board, Senate, Deans Committee and Board of
Post Graduate Studies, and Board of Quality Assurance, among others.
The University recognizes the Library as an academic department and clearly states in the statutes that the University Librarian is the Head of the
Library Department. The duties and responsibilities of the University Librarian are clearly stated in the Duties and Responsibilities of Staff in the
Academic Division. There is a standing Library and Bookshop Advisory Committee, a sub-committee of Senate, which considers all aspects of the
Library’s developmental needs including policies and procedures, staff and information resources. This committee is chaired by the DVC (AA),
and its members are drawn from various faculties and from the students’ body.
The Library has a clear internal administrative structure to guide the operations and management of the Library services. There is a Library
Management Committee comprising of the Branch Librarians and Division Heads.
The current Library Management Members are:
1. Mrs. Janegrace K. Kinyanjui University Librarian
2. Mrs. Peris Kiilu Nakuru Town Campus College Librarian
3. Ms. Beatrice Mugita Faculty of Law, i/c Librarian,
4. Mr. Frank Atieto Faculty of Education , Development studies Library, i/c Librarian
5. Mrs. Millicent O. Ongus J.D. Rockefeller, i/c Librarian
6. Mrs. Sally Kiplangat Baringo Campus Library, i/c Librarian
7. Ms. Felicitas C.Ratanya Nairobi City Campus Library, i/c Librarian
8. Ms. Philomena W. Mwaniki Technical Services Division in charge
10. Mr. Benjamin Butuk Readers Services Division in charge
11. Mr. Wilson Muruku Records Management and Archives Center
Library Policies, Rules and Regulations
The day - to - day operations of the library are guided by a Strategic Plan and various Policies and Guidelines. These include:
i. The Comprehensive Library Policy, which incorporates The Collection Development Policy, The ICT Policy, and The Weeding and Disposal Policy;
ii. The Records Management and Archives Policy;
iii. The Library Rules and Regulations;
iv. Policy on how to serve the part time lecturers.