1. Provision of quality higher education and training through development of market driven programmes in order to produce socially responsible, productive, innovative, entrepreneurial and creative graduates.
2. Engage in research priority areas and consultancy in conservation, natural resources management, tourism and hospitality.
3. Disseminate research findings, to scientific and other interest groups.
4. Develop technological innovations towards natural resources management and sustainable development.
5. Promote and facilitate partnerships, networking and collaboration with other relevant institutions and organizations.