Welcome to Egerton University, Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) webpage. We are delighted and feel honoured that out of your busy schedule, you have found time to visit us. We believe that you will be happy to find out what we are doing as a Faculty towards the realisation of our National and Global goals in the field of Engineering and Technology. It is our hope that the contents in these pages will afford you all the information that you might be interested in, be it in Academic programmes, Research activities, Collaborations and partnerships among others.
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology was established on 1st March 1997. It then consisted only of one department namely Agricultural Engineering, which hitherto was administered under Faculty of Agriculture. Since then, the Faculty has expended and has now four departments namely.
1. Agricultural Engineering (AGEN)
2. Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEEN)
3. Industrial and Energy Engineering (IEEN)
4. Electrical and Control Engineering (ECEN)
The Faculty envisages being a leader in Research and Training of high level manpower in Engineering and Technology to meet the changing needs of the society both locally and globally.
The Faculty’s mission is to produces quality Engineers capable of contributing solutions to Engineering problems facing the society through research; need-driven academic programmes, outreach and consultancy services.
The core objectives of the Faculty are to:
· Train high level manpower in Engineering
· Conduct cutting edge Engineering research
· Offer consultancy and outreach services in areas of Engineering and Technology
· Develop and maintain linkages with other Institutions and stakeholders for mutual benefits
- Eng. P. N. Karogo – Dean of Faculty
- Francis Kenei – Senior Administrator Assistant
- Joyce N. Ndungu – Senior Administrative Assistant
- Irene Nduta Wakonyo – Secretary
- Henry O. Oloo – Senior Clerk
- Joseph M. Aluvi – Messenger
For more Information Contact:
Dean Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET)
Egerton University, P.O Box 536-20115, Egerton, Kenya.
Tel: 051-211-3471/4; +254 51 2217781; +254 51 2217981/2